Families Cry for Justice as Seven More People are Kidnapped in Luwero

Families are crying for justice after armed men traveling in infamous drone vehicle kidnap seven people in Luwero town council.

The victims have been identified as Namirembe Harriet aged 60 years and her granddaughter Esther Namuddu aged 18 years and a student at Destiny Christian High School. 

Others are Bashir Kigozi, Charles Ssuuna, Henry Bbosa, Hassan Kafeero and Joseph Lule, all residents of Kasana Piida zone in Luwero town council. They were all picked from their respective homes.

John Golooba, father to Ssuuna explains that armed men in plain clothes raided the homes of the victims at around 5; 00am on Friday morning and picked each of them.

Golooba says that he tried to ask the armed men about the reasons behind the arrests but instead they responded by beating and detaining him in the infamous drone vehicle.

Golooba adds that they later released him but declined to explain where they were taking his son and charges preferred against him.

Olivia Nampijja, the wife of Kigozi, says that the armed men knocked on their door in the morning and when they opened it, they immediately arrested her husband.

Nampijja adds that she tried to ask about the charges preferred against her husband but they ordered her to lock herself in the house.

Juliet Nanyunja a daughter in Namirembe’s home, says that since the arrests were made, they have tried to search for their whereabouts at Luwero, Kawempe and Kireka Police Stations in vain.

The affected families have since appealed to security agencies to present the suspects in courts if they have cases to answer.

Livingstone Lutaaya the LC 1 Chairperson of Kasana Piida zone says that upon learning about the alleged arrests, he called District Police Commander Living Twazagye to find out the whereabouts of the suspects but he denied knowledge about the operation.

On 23rd September this year, armed men kidnapped Steven Sebaggala, a resident of Bukuma zone in Luwero town. Sebaggala’s whereabouts are still unknown leaving the family crying foul.  

So far at least eight people in Luwero have been kidnapped within less than two weeks.

When contacted, Assistant Superintendant of Police Patrick Lule who is the Acting Savannah Regional Police Spokesperson asked for time to find out the whereabouts of the persons.

By the time of compiling the report, Lule was yet to respond. Earlier on, he denied that Sebagala was under detention in any of the Police stations in Luwero.

Last week, Deputy Speaker Thomas Tayebwa tasked the government to explain the latest wave of state abductions of opposition supporters that have swept across the country.

However, Parliament went on one month’s recess before the government explained the whereabouts of missing persons.

Scroll to top
Close