Busiika Police Officers Killing Linked to Three Murders in Kampala

A revolver pistol which was abandoned at Busiika Police Post in Luweero district has been connected to three earlier killings in Kampala.

The pistol was abandoned when the gunmen raided Busiika Police Post on Monday evening and killed two police officers, identified as Alex Wagaluka who was the Police Post’s Officer in Charge and his junior Police Constable Moses Ongol. In the same attack Police constables, Adrian Ochom and Stephen Odama survived with bullet wounds and one female civilian was hit by a stray bullet.

It has now emerged that a revolver pistol which perhaps accidentally fell as the attackers panicked to leave the scene was previously captured on Closed Circuit Television -CCTV being used in the murder of two security guards in Lubaga and Kawempe division in Kampala.

Nathan Omuroni was shot and killed while guarding a supermarket at Kabuusu on September 9, while Samuel Muhindo was shot to death on September 24 at general stores at Lugoba. “…We have reviewed CCTV footage recorded at Kabuusu supermarket and Lugoba general stores and we are seeing the same revolver we picked being pulled to kill the guards,” a senior security commander said.

A pistol revolver was also used in the murder of James Amuriat who was guarding Nesta Fuel Station in Lusaze still in the Lubaga division of Kampala. Amuriat was killed on August 20 but 12 days earlier a similar revolver was used to kill a security guard identified as Peter Okoboi in Iganga district.

“These people have been moving in a pair and using a motorcycle. In all four incidents where security guards were killed, a revolver pistol was used. But because they were attacking a Police Post (Busiika) which had more than two armed police officers, they chose to attack it from various points using a pistol and AK47 rifles,” a senior security officer said based on scene analysis.

Police Spokesperson Fred Enanga has said that facts collected from witnesses show that the assailants who were about seven, emerged from three different sides, two in front and one from behind.

“Although the motive of the assailants is not yet determined, the fact that they killed, injured, and robbed two guns, clearly reveals how they targeted guns, police personnel, and the facility. The scene was cordoned off by forensic experts for thorough documentation. A pistol that fell as the assailants fled from the scene, was recovered, and will be subjected to further ballistic examination,” Enanga said.

The Inspector General of Police Okoth Ochola has since condemned the Busiika police officers’ attack and promised that everything was being done to ensure that the culprits are arrested.

The attack came six hours after Enanga said the arrest of the alleged commander of Uganda Coalition Forces for Change -UCFC, Frank David Ssemwogerere alias Col Ndugwa, was going to bring normalcy in areas of Mityana, Kiboga, Luweero, Wakiso and Nakaseke where they had killed several police officers.

Scroll to top