Fire Guts Kiosks in Fort Portal

Property worth millions of Shillings was reduced to ashes on Sunday night when fire gutted wooden kiosks in Nyabukara trading center in Fort portal city. 

The fire, which broke out at around 10:30 PM is said to have started from a kiosk where they sell petrol in plastic bottles.

An eyewitness says that the fire started in one room and spread to the other rooms that sell charcoal, firewood, and a hotel. Residents were able to put out the fire before it spread to the neighborhood. No injuries or death were recorded resulting from the fire.

Police had not issued a statement on the fire outbreak by the time of filing this story.

In February fire gutted lockups and kiosks in Kisenyi Fort Portal City and destroyed property worth millions of Shillings. The fire started in furniture workshops, where heavy machines are operated.  The fire first gutted wooden structures before it spread to several makeshift houses.

Scroll to top
Close